[mythtv-users] menu texts have gone!

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Tue Apr 8 19:26:42 UTC 2008

Ronald Frazier wrote:
> I wonder if those responding might be misunderstanding what is
> happening. I've had this happen to me too (or at least I think the OP
> is describing the same thing I've experienced).
>
> What happens is that everything is working perfectly fine, then I exit
> TV and the menu screen is blank (where as it was working perfect
> before entering TV). I can't see how it can be a font issue, or a
> selected rendered issue, as others are suggesting, because it works
> fine 99% of the time and then just occasionally breaks.
>
> I haven't been able to narrow it down or find any relevant info in the logs.

No, that's an OpenGL issue that's been discussed before. Downgrade your
video driver. I think what he's referring to is that the screen all
draws correctly, but no text is displayed - ever.

To the OP - whatever fonts your theme are using need to be installed.
Since you said you're running Retro which uses Trebuchet MS, you need to
install Trebuchet MS which is in the msttcorefonts package I told you to
install in my first reply.

-Brad