[mythtv-users] giving up on securing mythweb

Scott Alfter mythtv at salfter.dyndns.org
Tue Apr 8 17:50:03 UTC 2008

Gregg wrote:
> I have been trying to secure mythweb for weeks now, and whenever I
> enable it, it will default to wap.  If I disable it everything is
> normal.  I have tried to create a symbolic link to default named wap,
> but that does not work.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

IIRC, it was easy enough to lock it up:

1) Create a password file with htpasswd2.
2) Drop an .htaccess file into the MythWeb directory and point it
    at the aforementioned password file.
3) Make sure SSL is enabled.

The Apache documentation (and probably the documentation for whatever distro
you're using, too) tells you how to do this.

In my case, I also had to tweak the router settings so that port 443 gets
forwarded to the server from outside the LAN.  (Port 80 works for connections
across the LAN.)

   _/_
  / v \ Scott Alfter