[mythtv-users] Cannot get Alsa sound after upgrade

Len Reed crunchyfrog at charter.net
Tue Apr 8 17:11:21 UTC 2008

Sound (both AC3-passthrough and other) works fine on my existing system:
Fedora core 6 x86_64, mythtv 0.20.2-165.fc6.  On the same hardware,
running the latest (Fedora 8, mythtv 0.21-185.fc8) I get no sound.  I've
tried changing the output devices (in mythfrontend)and playing with
mixer settings. I get nothing from either the optical or the analog outputs.

Sound on the F8 system works fine, via the optical TOS output, when
using xmms or "play".  Only mythfrontend doesn't work.  On xmms I can
select "default", hw:0,0 (analog) or hw:0,1 (digital).  All work fine.

Sound h/w is on the Asus M2N32-SLIDelux motherboard.  (Hardware: Athlon
64 dual core, DVB card, firewire, and PVR250.  High def output from
Nvidia PCIE to TV.)

On both FC6 and F8 there's one card.  It's a "HDC NVidia"; module is
"snd-intel8x0".

Any help would be appreciated.

Len