[mythtv-users] Hauppauge HD-PVR will not initially support Linux

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 16:30:21 UTC 2008

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 11:11 AM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:

>  Hauppauge also knows that Linux users in general, and perhaps Myth
>  users specifically, are regarded by H'Wood as a "bunch of pirates". I
>  can certainly understand that they might want to separate themselves
>  from the Linux effort.

I don't believe it for a second.  Their entire business pretty much
revolves around those (Linux, Windows or otherwise) who want the
freedom to use their own hardware and who believe in consumer rights
when it comes to TV.

If they were that afraid of the repercussions they wouldn't even be in business.

Tom