[mythtv-users] menu texts have gone!

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Tue Apr 8 00:02:35 UTC 2008

Udo van den Heuvel writes:

> Hello,
>
> After a while I am starting up my MythTV again (15247.svn on Fedora 8)
> and I notice that all texts in my menu's have disappeared.
> The pictures are there (it is the Retro theme).
> Also in the setup I see no texts in the menu.
> Any idea what is wrong?

MythTV's themes specify a font named "Arial". Given that this font's
licensing may not pass the muster of Fedora's guidelines, no font by that
names is installed in Fedora. Previously, you must've gotten this font from
someplace else.

But the solution is very simple. First, install the "liberation-fonts" RPM,
then:

find themes -name '*.xml' -print | xargs -n 1 sed -i -e 's/Arial/luxi sans/'