[mythtv-users] Pre-sales open for HD-PVR

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Mon Apr 7 22:33:23 UTC 2008

On Apr 7, 2008, at 1:03 PM, Kisner, Thomas wrote:
> If you know how Macrovision works, you may wonder how
> this is possible on digital media.  *All* STB DVD players (thanks to
> the
> DVD Consortium) actually artificially inject Macrovision into their
> analog output if the DVD instructs them to do so.

Yup.  Actually, I had to buy a Macrovision stripping device (one of
the aforementioned Sima products) to get clean DVD playback on my
projector.  The DVD player's Macrovision encoding caused the projector
to have difficulty syncing to the video.  This was kind of ironic,
seeing as I wasn't actually planning on *copying* anything, just
watching it as intended.