[mythtv-users] Recording Using Guide on Sat Box without IR Blaster Installed

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Mon Apr 7 19:19:25 UTC 2008

Jeff Clark wrote:

>     If you don't yet have an IR transmitter: /bin/true
>
>     Mike
>

> What does this do?  This is new/exciting to me.
>
> Jeff

Maybe my message didn't go through before so I'll post it again here:

They are probably failing because your channel change script is blank so
it tries to tune to a channel and doesn't know how. To trick it into
thinking the channel change happened correctly, use /bin/true as your
channel change script.

-Brad