[mythtv-users] Fedora 8 + ATrpms mythtv install - pulseaudio?

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Mon Apr 7 17:10:24 UTC 2008

Boleslaw Ciesielski wrote:
> Rich West wrote:
>
>> Has anyone tried ripping out the pulseaudio layer successfully with
>> ATrpms mythtv rpms?
>>

> Yes, I did this on one F8 box (BE/FE). The only pulseaudio package that
> is left is pulseaudio-libs because mplayer and mythvideo rpms require
> it. I don't think it's being used though.

Cool.  Thanks!  I don't know exactly what I did, but I have sound
working now with mythtv under Fedora 8 again.  Prior to having
pulseaudio installed, I had no sound (except that I could play sound via
the Fedora control panel), so I installed all of the pulseaudio stuff
(following http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=177587) and
got it working.  In this situation, pulseaudio buys me nothing except
for additional processes running and another layer of configuration to
deal with, so I ripped it out.  Oddly, sound stayed working...

And, yes, the only thing left is pulseaudio-libes due to mplayer and
mythvideo rpm dependencies.

-Rich