[mythtv-users] .21 mythweb upgrade question

John Veness John.Veness.myth at pelago.org.uk
Sun Apr 6 21:26:01 UTC 2008

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 04/05/2008 05:54 PM, John Veness wrote:
>> Boleslaw Ciesielski wrote:

>>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/289512
>>>
>> I've just added a note about this in
>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Release_Notes_-_0.21 but I wonder -
>> maybe there should be a workaround that when adding a card in
>> mythtv-setup, the card name is filled in automatically, even if it's
>> just Card 1, Card 2 etc. Then at least the Status column in mythweb
>> wouldn't be blank. I realise this would only help for people adding
>> cards from scratch, rather than upgrading from 0.20.2 to 0.21.
>>
>> Alternatively, maybe MythWeb behaviour could show the card number in the
>> Status column if the card name is blank.
>
> Since when is "Never Record," "Earlier," "Later," and "Duplicate"
> blank?  The column isn't blank.  Some cells--those where a recording is
> actually set to occur--may be.
>
> Besides, from the thread to which you were referred:
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/289547#289547
>
> Mike

Ah yes, you're right of course, sorry about that. I only have Scheduled
and Conflicts ticked usually, and as I have no conflicts at the moment.
That means that with no-name tuners, the Status column is blank for me.

Looking elsewhere in Myth, mythwelcome and mythfrontend Upcoming
Recordings screen show only the tuner numbers, not the names. The
mythfrontend UI for scheduling a recording and the OSD in Live TV show a
tuner number followed by the tuner name, but if the tuner name is blank
then they show some kind of generated named based on the tuner type (I
guess), for example, "1: DVBinput".

So if nothing else, the mythweb Upcoming screen showing just the tuner
name, and not doing any generating of text if the name is blank, is
inconsistent with other bits of Myth, so you can see why some people
might get confused.

Cheers,

John

--