[mythtv-users] Damn you Time Warner

Mario Limonciello mario.mailing at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 04:28:52 UTC 2008

Sean Goodpasture wrote:
> So I finally got a Firewire card to test with the Motorola 6200...  It
> works decently, except that stupid Time Warner has marked dang near
> everything with the no copy or copy once flag so I can't record much of
> anything.
>
> I can understand the movie channels, but Noggin?  Seriously?!

Sean,

Did you ever end up with any more luck with TW in your area?  Are you by chance
the Austin, TX area?  Since you mentioned Uverse competing with TW and all.  I'm
down here and just picked up a SA4240HDC yesterday.  I've been fighting a losing
battle in attempting to get it functional for many channels.

It seems the only stuff that is coming in is the local hidef stations and BBC
America.  They take away all my analog stations and all the other stuff.

I'm debating escalating this up higher, but if you've already done it and lost,
i'm not sure it's worth the effort.  I've read some posts in the past (not on
the Myth list, but other lists), where people have managed to get in contact
with the actual cable engineers and get the CCI bits fixed correctly.

In the example post that I was reading, it turns out that the cable company was
taking the Broadcast Flag bit (yeah you know the one that was shot down) and
using it to determine when to put some CCI bits in place.  The guy managed to
get it flipped on all of the stations he wanted and happy ending.

I wish I lived in a fairy tale land that I could threaten to move to another
cable co like you guys list in this thread.  Threatening to go to uverse
probably won't solve anything....

--
Mario Limonciello
mario.mailing at gmail.com