[mythtv-users] How to map digital channels from hdhomerun to recordable HD channels in channel guide?

Marc MERLIN marc_mtv at merlins.org
Sun Apr 6 03:11:15 UTC 2008

[please ignore forced reply-to and do Cc me on replies, even though I am on
the list]

Howdy,

So, I have my hdhomerun mostly working with myth 0.20.2 (I'll upgrade to
0.21 soon), I can tune channels, but I don't get any program guide data for
them in the channel guide.

I did read https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HDHomeRun and
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Silicondust_HDHomeRun
and did setup two lineups in schedulesdirect:
95014	Cupertino, US	Comcast			Cable
95014	Cupertino, US	Comcast - Digital	CableDigital

Unfortunately, the channels from
http://www.schedulesdirect.org/lineups/edit/CA04931:X
don't match the channel numbers I get from hdhomerun, namely:
2.1 = KTVU/CVS
4.2 = KRON/NBC
5.1 = KPIX/CBS
7.1 = KGO/ABC
9.1 = KQED
10.1 = KTEH
11.1 = NBC 11

vs some numbering which I guess is used on comcast cable boxes (3 digit
channel numbers, no dots)

And just to make things more confusing, channels numbers from this page:
http://www.silicondust.com/hdhomerun/lineupui?Cmd=LocationProgramsWeb&Country=US&Postcode=95014
or that page:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Working_QAM_cable_layout#Cupertino.2C_CA_95014_-_Comcast
use yet a 3rd and 4th non matching recording scheme.

I realize that this must be an FAQ, and yet I can't find a good page
explaining how to do make my mapping work, or what's up with 4 different channel
numbering schemes.
So:
How I do match schedulesdirect listing names with hdhomerun channel numbers
so that mythtv can record the HD version of the shows I watch?

Thanks,
Marc
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/