[mythtv-users] MythTV for iPhone

Scott D. Davilla davilla at 4pi.com
Sun Apr 6 00:21:23 UTC 2008

>You can grab the first released version now - v0.01
>http://chriscarey.com/projects/mythtv/iphone/

Working, little problem getting smarty in the correct place for
Mythbuntu. More instructions on setting up smarty would be nice. That
took the longest.

Then had to recompile ffmpeg because the standard install Mythbuntu
excludes acc encoding.

Sure takes a long time to transcode. But 2.2GB -> 220MB and 9Mb to
500-380 Kb and 720x480 to 480x360. My backend need some more beef.

I do have a question about storage groups. This uses
"/var/lib/mythtv/recordings" which is fine for a simple mythbackend
setup. I'm using storage groups with six disks. They get mounted at
"/video/diskx". and are symbolic linked into
"/var/lib/mythtv/videos/diskx". This works fine with mythtv and
mythweb.

For testing I've just made a symbolic to a transcoded video into
"/var/lib/mythtv/recordings/".

Thanks for your effort
Scott