[mythtv-users] Nothing recorded from DVB-T

John Veness John.Veness.myth at pelago.org.uk
Sat Apr 5 22:28:21 UTC 2008

Andreas Bach Aaen wrote:
> Lørdag den 5. April 2008 skrev cal:
>> Andreas Bach Aaen wrote:
>
>>> How do I raise the log level of the backend?
>> Depends on where/how mythbackend gets started. Wherever it is,
>> it'll set the mythbackend log level a la "--verbose
>> important,nodatabase". When things get really desperate, a brief
>> run with "--verbose all, nodatabase" can sometimes be helpful.
>> Sometimes not.
>
> Normally I use /etc/init.d/mythbackend start
> but I could make an expection for debugging purposes

/etc/init.d/mythbackend will be a script file that you could edit to see
where to add extra command-line options to the real mythbackend command.
Depending on your distro you may be able to do this without editing the
script itself. For example, Ubuntu allows editing of mythbackend options
in /etc/defaults/mythtv-backend.

Cheers,

John

--