[mythtv-users] Myth recording duplicates when subtitle is null

Al B. brekkal at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 03:14:05 UTC 2008

I feel like this has been asked before, but I searched for a while and
didn't find anything specifically for this scenario.  I've got a "record at
any time on this channel" rule setup for Battlestar Galactica.  Sci-Fi must
be having a Battlestar marathon going right now because I've had a bunch of
episodes recorded in the past few days.  However, today I noticed that I had
around 10 seemingly identical episodes recorded.  Same title, same
description, same programid, BUT the subtitle (for some reason) is null.  I
have my duplicate policy set to subtitle and description.
My assumption here is that this is by design and Myth is erring on the side
of caution and recording all of them since the subtitle is null.  Can anyone
confirm this or is there possibly another explanation?  Thanks,

Alex