[mythtv-users] Internal player exits when selecting DVD title

jonny Linux jonnylinux at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 19:56:32 UTC 2008

On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 5:12 PM, jonny Linux <jonnylinux at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've noticed recently that when I try to play some DVDs using the internal
> player I can navigate through the menus fine, however when I actually select
> a title mythfrontend exits. This happens on DVDs I'm sure I've used before
> with mythtv before 0.21. I'm able to view the title using mplayer (without
> menus), and vlc plays the title perfectly (with menus).
>
> I sometimes get "Error cracking CSS key for /VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_1.VOB" (and
> VTS_01_0.VOB) but since mplayer and vlc can play them, I don't think its a
> libdvdcss issue. I also get quite a few
> "[mpeg2video @ 0x....] invalid mb type in B Frame..." and ac-tex damaged
> type errors immediately before mythfrontend exits.

Hi,

I still have this problem, but I've managed to replicate it on a dvd I made
using dvdstyler. This proves it can't be an encryption issue. I'm running
the 0.21 release (not the fixes branch).

I can repeat this problem using most dvds (including ones I've definitely
viewed using mythtv 0.20), and also on both my combined backend/frontend and
my separate frontend. It always displays the title menu (and can navigate to
other menus), but when choosing a chapter to watch I often get messages such
as:

2008-04-04 20:50:14.237 [mpeg2video @ 0x5e2bc0]ac-tex damaged at 0 28
2008-04-04 20:50:14.237 [mpeg2video @ 0x5e2bc0]invalid mb type in I Frame at
0 29