[mythtv-users] Preferred interface for HDTV?

John Welch jrw3319 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 00:56:08 UTC 2008

> How about something like this that would allow you to use either?
>
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138061
>
> Don't mean to hijack the thread, but I posted a somewhat related question
last night and haven't gotten any responses yet.  Anyone know if
motherboards with onboard video ports, like the one linked here, typically
allow for both ports to be used simultaneously?  I'm looking to put together
a PC that will be used as both a mythfrontend, and as a general use PC
(office applications, multimedia applications, etc.).  I want to connect up
both an HDTV and a LCD monitor, and right now I'm not sure what type of
video card or onboard video I should get, or whether what I'm looking to do
is even possible.