[mythtv-users] ivtv in new fedora8 kernel causing problems?

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Thu Apr 3 18:12:32 UTC 2008

Scott Harris wrote:
>> Any idea what v4l2-ctl -d /dev/video1 --get-audio-input returns when the
>> problem is happening? Is it the same correct value and --set-audio-input
>> just resets the audio or is it something else? For some reason, I feel
>> weird about setting the audio input on my 2 cards every minute - even
>> while recording.
>>
>> Also, for what it's worth, I have noticed this on my PVR-350, but not on
>> my PVR-150 which is my default card. I'm also running 2.6.24.3-34.fc8.
>>

> I'm definitely not the right person to ask about the internals of
> the ivtv or v4l driver ;)
> I think it just resets the input, mine is always at 1, I just
> reset it to 1 and the tinnyness goes away.
>
> Funny, I have the issue with the 150 but not the 350.

Wanna trade your 350 for mine? ;)

I wonder if it's an issue with multiple cards. I never had this problem
when my 150 and 350 were in separate machines. Also, I've only seen this
a couple of times in the last few weeks since I've combined my backends
into a single machine which coincided with a kernel/ivtv upgrade. Is
anyone getting this with only a single card?

I did some reading and it looks like the input stays correct and that
command just resets the audio to make it happy again.

-Brad