[mythtv-users] ivtv in new fedora8 kernel causing problems?

Eric Holt (MythTV) eric-mythtv at skoozdag.com
Thu Apr 3 13:28:20 UTC 2008

Kevin Hill wrote:
> I had this same issue and went back to the last 2.6.23.* kernel and
> things are working fine again. It appears there's some issue in the
> 2.6.24 branch in regards to ivtv that should be fixed in 2.6.25, but I
> didn't investigate much further.

I also had this issue with the 0.10.6 driver on a new install.  I've
since rolled back to 0.10.5 and havnt yet had the problem (it was
intermittent, not a constant thing).

I havnt upgraded to a newer kernel with ivtv included, so Im glad I
havnt, I'll wait for 2.6.25.  I think I am still on 2.6.21.5 (the
default Slackware 12 kernel).

--Eric