[mythtv-users] Two separate backends on the same network

Matt Clifton spartacus003 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 3 04:29:04 UTC 2008

In our house, we have two separate Myth backends, but on the same network. We do not want the backends to be linked together as a master/slave setup, we just want 2 masters that happen to be on the same network. The problem is that when I try to connect to my backend from my frontend, it always tries to connect to the wrong backend, even though the settings in .mythtv/mysql.txt are correct and point to the correct backend. I'm assuming mythbackend broadcasts itself across the network, and for whatever reason it always grabs the wrong backend. I also noticed that .mythtv/config.xml always modifies itself to point to whatever backend it connects to. Is there some way to make this work?

Thanks,
-Matt