[mythtv-users] Should I be switching to 0.21?

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 03:41:13 UTC 2008

>  Thanks for the info. I expect most folks here will suggest using it.
>  I'm also working on determining what kernel to run with this machine
>  so I've got to understand what my ivtv options are. My old server is
>  running a 2.6.20 kernel so I'll move to something more recent as I'm
>  doing this. A lot to get done this weekend.

One option is to use the v4l-dvb-hg package and then your kernel
choice is pretty independent of the ivtv driver. I have used 2.6.20 to
2.6.24 of several different sources. Right now I am using
openvz-sources-2.6.24 (because I need virtual machine containers for
testing purposes).  I have been using v4l-dvb-hg since late December
and I have not had any problems recording several hundred programs...
And the other nice thing is it supports my QAM card (kworld 115) as
well.

John