[mythtv-users] mythweb possible bug with .htaccess???

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 03:26:08 UTC 2008

There is an alternative to setting this up in the MythTV box.

I have another linux box which acts as my gateway (it runs shorewall)
and has a web server (apache) facing the internet. This acts as a
proxy for the Mythweb box and has password authentication so that
requests from the internet are first authenticated and then passed on
to Mythweb. This means that you don't need to authenticate if you're
on the LAN behind the linux gateway, and that you don't need to change
the authentication for different releases of MythTV.

If anyone's interested I can send through my Apache config for this
from the linux gateway.

Regards,
Phill