[mythtv-users] Video studder XvMC w/OSD

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 23:33:51 UTC 2008

> Yes, i also have the fade turned off.  With OSD Fade checked the stutter
> is so bad its unwatchable.  It would be nice to get ride of it completely.
> It really ruins the "experience" when you are watching/showing off Myth and
> it skips a commercial and everyone is like wow thats cool.  Then it stutters
> and looks like piece of junk.
>
> Mitchell

After some more investigation I noticed that the BOIS is reconizing the CPU
as P4 3.0 ghz but its clock speed is set to 2Ghz.

here is some output:
[myth at mythfe ~]$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 15
model           : 4
model name      : Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz
stepping        : 1
cpu MHz         : 1995.506
cache size      : 1024 KB
physical id     : 0
siblings        : 2
core id         : 0
cpu cores       : 1
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 5
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr pge mca cmov
pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe constant_tsc pebs
bts sync_rdtsc pni monitor ds_cpl cid xtpr
bogomips        : 4008.12
clflush size    : 64

processor       : 1
[...]
bogomips        : 3974.91
clflush size    : 64

Maybe i need to update my BIOS.  Or is there some other thing i can change?
I looked through BIOS settings but didnt see anything of intrest.

Mitchell