[mythtv-users] visit from the cable guy

lemongecko at gmail.com lemongecko at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 19:36:11 UTC 2008

On 4/2/08, Steve Peters - Priority Electronics
<steve at priorityelectronics.com> wrote:
> ---Cable box is analog---
>
> Yesterday the Time Warner cable guy had to come over to fix my cable.
> Channels 14 to 99 on the cable box were snowey. Now i have an hd cable box,
> and i thought that all the channels were digital, but i guess they are not.
> He said that channels 14 to 99 are all analog, and no way of getting them in
> digital.
>
> I asked him well, what about your dvr's? Do they have an analog to digital
> converter in them such as the pvr series many of us use? He said yes.
>
> Has anyone else heard of this?

I'm TW up near Green Bay, and yup, it's the same thing up here. Analog
from 2-71, with digital starting above that.  However, lately I've
been seeing more & more of the analog channels appear in QAM, usually
a whole bunch of them, all 480p, packed into a single channel. So
they're getting ready for the move to full digital. I just hope they
keep them in the clear... :-)