[mythtv-users] Securing Mythweb

Daniel Arfsten darfsten at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 2 12:14:33 UTC 2008

trimmed

>Any ideas on what's going on?
>Harry

Well, do you know your external ip address? If you do type in
http://xx.xx.xxx.xxx
you should see a window that has "It Works" at the top. Then you can maybe look
into whether your dyndns account is mapped to the correct external IP address.
I am not sure how else to help as I don't use Mythtv .21, I am waiting for
all these types of issues to be resolved before I go to it. I was going to upgrade
to Hardy Heron at the same time. Currently I am using Mythbuntu Gutsy as a
Slave Backend (PVR-500) and Feisty Fawn with Mythtv .20.2 for my Master Backend.
(PVR-350 s-video capture from SA3250HD STB) I use XBMC as my frontend in the living room.
Does MythWeb work if you disable security? It's weird that it works inside your
network but not outside, do you have any firewall rules setup not allowing this?
Good luck