[mythtv-users] eVGA HDTV-7 interface?

Scott Alfter mythtv at salfter.dyndns.org
Wed Apr 2 06:33:42 UTC 2008

Justin The Cynical wrote:
> Quick google turns up (very!) few references to a variation of HDMI.
> Specifically, a HDTV(Mini-DIN)cable with 7 pins.
>
> Just what the world needs, yet another 'standard' for digital video
> delivery.  As if the general population isn't confused enough by DVI,
> HDMI, component, composite, and the robo-easter bunny.  :-)

...and since the card already has a DVI output, why wouldn't they just have you
use a DVI-to-HDMI adapter instead?  My guess on the mini-DIN connector was that
it's S-video (maybe with a dongle included in the box to convert to composite),
and that whoever wrote the ad copy frakked it up.

   _/_
  / v \ Scott Alfter