[mythtv-users] Errors Watching x.264 encoded videos..

Jeff Simpson jeffsimpson at alum.wpi.edu
Tue Apr 1 21:56:29 UTC 2008

> I think you have to compile with --enable-faad or --enabled-libfaad or
> whatever the option is to get AAC playback in the frontend.

No such option or anything similar in the configure for mythtv (0.21 svn 16658)

> ./configure --help
Usage: configure [options]

Standard options:
  --help                   print this message
  --previous               use previous configure parameters if possible
  --compile-type=CTYPE     one of release, profile, debug [release]
                           NOTE: profile is for sampling profilers
  --prefix=PREFIX          install in PREFIX [/usr/local]
  --libdir-name=LIBNAME    search/install libraries in PREFIX/LIBNAME [lib]
  --disable-ccache         disable compiler cache (ccache)
  --disable-distcc         disable distributed compilation (distcc)

Advanced options (experts only):
  --extra-cflags=ECFLAGS   add ECFLAGS to CFLAGS []
  --extra-cxxflags=ECXFLAGS add ECXXFLAGS to list of flags for C++ compile
  --extra-ldflags=ELDFLAGS add ELDFLAGS to LDFLAGS []
  --enable-symbol-visibility enables symbol visibility options
  --arch=ARCH              select architecture  [x86_64]
  --tune=CPU               tune instruction usage for a particular CPU
[generic]  --cpu=CPU                selects the minimum cpu required
(affects
                           instruction selection, may crash on older CPUs)
  --enable-proc-opt        enable processor specific compilation
  --disable-mmx            disable MMX usage
Advanced features (experts only):
  --disable-audio-oss      disable OSS audio support
  --disable-audio-alsa     disable ALSA audio support
  --disable-audio-arts     disable aRts audio support
  --disable-audio-jack     disable JACK audio support
  --enable-valgrind        disables timeouts for valgrind memory debugging
  --disable-lirc           disable lirc support (Infrared Remotes)
  --disable-joystick-menu  disable joystick menu
  --disable-firewire       disable support for FireWire cable boxes
  --disable-iptv           disable support for recording RTSP/UDP/RTP streams
  --disable-dbox2          disable support for Nokia DBOX2 DVB boxes
(or compatibles)
  --disable-hdhomerun      disable support for HDHomeRun boxes
  --disable-v4l            disable Video4Linux support
  --disable-ivtv           disable ivtv support (PVR-x50) req. v4l support
  --disable-dvb            disable DVB support
  --dvb-path=HDRLOC        location of directory containing
                           'linux/dvb/frontend.h', not the
                           directory with frontend.h [/usr/include]
  --disable-x11            disable X11 support
  --x11-path=X11LOC        location of X11 include files
[/usr/X11R6/include-path]
  --disable-xrandr         disable X11 resolution switching
  --disable-xv             disable XVideo   (X11 video output accel.)
  --disable-xvmc           disable XvMC     (Linux/BSD MPEG accel.)
  --disable-xvmcw          disable XvMC Wrapper, use --xvmc-lib if
autodetection fails
  --enable-xvmc-pro        enable XvMC for the unichrome pro (NOT
unichrome) chipset
  --enable-xvmc-opengl     enable nVidia XvMC OpenGL texture method
  --xvmc-lib=LIB           XvMC library override (for crosscompiling)
  --enable-opengl-video    enable OpenGL based video display
  --enable-mac-accel       enable Mac OS X MPEG acceleration
  --enable-opengl-vsync    enable OpenGL vsync method
  --disable-directfb       disable DirectFB (Linux non-X11 video)
  --enable-directx         enable DirectX   (Microsoft video)

  --enable-mac-bundle      produce standalone OS X apps (e.g. mythfrontend.app)

  --with-bindings=LIST     install the bindings specified in the
                           comma-separated list
                           Supported bindings: perl, python