[mythtv-users] The Fit-PC: Too low-end for HD?

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 20:54:22 UTC 2008

This may not be HD capable, but it's so cool I at least have to mention
it... My Gmail ads had a link to the Fit-PC, which is an uber
small-form-factor PC for $295. I think the big killer is the soldered-in
256MB RAM, but here are the specs - What's everybody think?

Details and picture at http://www.fit-pc.com/new/*

* Hardware
CPU: AMD Geode LX800 500MHz
Chipset: AMD CS5536
Display: Integrated Geode LX display controller up to 1920x1440
Memory: 256MB DDR 333MHz soldered on-board
Hard disk: 2.5" IDE 40GB
Ports:
 2 x RJ45 Ethernet ports 100Mbps
 2 x USB 2.0 HiSpeed 480Mbps
 RJ11 RS-232 (cable supplied)
 VGA DB15
 Stereo line-out audio (headphones)
 Stereo line-in audio / Mic

Software
General Software Embedded BIOS
Special BIOS features:
 Etherboot for boot over LAN
 Etherlink for BIOS update over LAN
Linux:
 Ubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy) - Preloaded
 Gentoo – optimized for fit-PC - available as an ISO image
 Other Linux distributions are tested to work
Windows: XP home / pro

Mechanical and environmental
Splash and dust resistance enclosure
Material: Aluminum