[mythtv-users] Finally using comflagging (wow!), have a few questions

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 20:04:56 UTC 2008

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 7:25 PM, Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 7:23 PM, Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at gmail.com> wrote:
>  >
>  >  For my purposes, I think something as simple as this would do it:
>  >
>  >  #!/bin/bash
>  >  YESTERDAY_MIDNIGHT=`date -d yesterday +%Y%m%d000000`
>  >  exec mythcommflag --queue --allafter $YESTERDAY_MIDNIGHT
>  >
>  >  ...and have that run at about 3AM.  I think that'll do it.
>  >
>  >  Tom
>  >

>  Duh...except that should have been "--allstart":
>

>  #!/bin/bash
>  YESTERDAY_MIDNIGHT=`date -d yesterday +%Y%m%d000000`
>  exec mythcommflag --queue --allstart $YESTERDAY_MIDNIGHT
>
>  Tom

Oh man...you simply have to be kidding me.  It looks like there's NO
way to tell mythcommflag (when using the --allstart date option) to
skip LiveTV recordings.  I may have to scrap this if I can't.  Can
anyone think of a work-around?

This actually raises a larger question:  Does 0.21 allow for
AutoExpireLiveTVMaxAge to be set to zero?  That's one that's bugged me
since I first installed.  I always have LiveTV recordings hidden and,
once I change channels or exit LiveTV, I have no use for them.

I've posted once to see if anyone knew of a down side to changing it
manually to zero and never heard anything.  Given this new issue I
think I'm going to give it a try.

Tom