[mythtv-users] How hard is it to build an HD MythTV?

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 18:12:25 UTC 2008

> > probably your choice in deinterlacer. xine should not be significantly
> > faster than the internal player.
>
>      It's not so much that xine inherently faster. I just has saner
> more useful defaults. I will figure out the appropriate 0.21 options
> for the internal player, eventually...

agree on that.  the internal player wont even allow me to play 1080i video
with a P4 3.0ghz with NO de-interlacer.  With stander or libmpeg* (whatever
the secont option is).

720p will play but suffers from minor tearing.

using XvMC results in the stuttering video with the OSD up.

Disappointing :(

Mitchell