[mythtv-users] HD capture card

Roger Heflin rogerheflin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 18:07:20 UTC 2008

Mitch Gore wrote:

>> If that's what you want, you can hook one up to an SD tuner
>> card, but you'll get better results buying an HD tuner like the
>> HDHomeRun.
>>
>> -dsr-
>>

> I have the HDHR for HD and my fallback tuner is a PVR-150.  I plan on
> hooking a converter box to this to improve the picture quality.  I am OTA
> only and my analog channels are all fuzzy.  But digital is perfect.  Just
> waiting for that coupon to arrive.  "its in the mail"
>
> Mitchell

That is pretty much my plan, connect one to either composite or svideo of the
PVR-150, and then use the other on a modulator for a house channel for use by
all of the other TV's in the house.   Most of my analog channels are pretty
good, only a couple of the channels are bad enough that I have to use the HD
recorder to get a good signal.

How long has your coupon been "in the mail"?   I believe mine is going on 2
weeks so far.

                       Roger