[mythtv-users] Using a large satellite dish (8-10 feet) with MythTV?

Tony Baca cfr131 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 16:42:16 UTC 2008

I use a C-Band system with a 4dtv receiver.  I have it integrated with
Myth.  Maybe I can help.

You can find programing options and prices at:
http://www.callnps.com/alacarte.htm as for equipment,  I just placed an ad
in the local paper looking for a C-band antenna and receiver.  I got at
least 10 calls from people who said, "You can have it if you come get it."
I found one that was in good shape and brought it home for free.  I
purchased a used 4dtv receiver (ebay), set up everything myself and
subscribed to a package.  If you are not willing to DIY, C-Band is probably
not a good option as there are very few installers left.  My system includes
both C and Ku band and an HDD-200 decoder for HD channels.

There is a channel line up at Schedules Direct. I used a PVR-150 to capture
the output of the 4dtv via S-video.

I wrote a channel change script for Myth that moves the antenna and changes
channels.  That too took a little DIY to make it work, but it has worked
great.

You can find lots of information at http://www.4dtvforum.com/

Tony