[mythtv-users] Securing Mythweb

Daniel Arfsten darfsten at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 1 14:22:39 UTC 2008

........trimmed out for space savings...........

>You need to make sure it resolves to <blah,blah,blah>.dyndns.org
>No machine outside of your network is going to know what hjdmyth is.

Here is an example of my /etc/hosts file. I use mythweb and can access within my network as
well as outside my network. however, I do need to enter a username and password whether I am in my network
or outside. I am using MythTV 20.2-fixes on Ubuntu Feisty Fawn (7.04)

/etc/hosts
127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost

::1 ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
fe00::0 ip6-localnet
ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
ff02::2 ip6-allrouters
ff02::3 ip6-allhosts
192.168.0.4 WINXP
192.168.0.5 XUBUNTU-FIESTY
192.168.0.3 HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA.getmyip.com
192.168.0.6 gutsy

I changed my real hostname from what it is to HAHAHAHA but you get the point and you can see
that my dyndns.org FQDN name is, it's just the hostname with the domain added to it.