[mythtv-users] The Death of MythTV in the US?

Jack Trout witmore1 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 03:29:15 UTC 2008

> those who have to install and maintain them.
>
> I once had a sneaky idea: Power is a significant expense to a cable
> operator. What if you had each STB feed just a few watts back out to
> the system, you could run it using your customer's power. The current
> in the lines would also discourage tampering :-)
>
> beww

Well some people run a combo house, were you have tvs and computers
connected directly to the wire and set top boxes. suppose one of those boxes
over volted the system and blew out someones 60 inch plasma or someones
12,000K AlienWare PC with Vista Ultimate acting as a mediacenter or
something.. the liability would be staggering from one screw up