[mythtv-users] Nvidia nFORCE motherboards . . . anyone try them?

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Tue Apr 1 03:12:08 UTC 2008

>  However, the NIC PXE booting
>  (disabled in bios by default), and if you are trying to do a diskless
>  boot (as I am) that doesn't work well because you've lost your drive
>  and can't reload the drivers.

Despite my proofreading, that didn't come out very clearly. Let's try again:

The NIC supports PXE booting. That works fine, but if you use it in
combination with suspend to ram, it won't wake properly. If you try to
work around it by taking down the interface, you can't bring it back
up because (without the network) you have no connection to your NFS
drive. However, as I hinted, you may be able to get around that by
putting the necessary stuff on a tmpfs mount and reloading it from
there, but I haven't tried.

Hopefully that reads a bit better.

--
Ron