[mythtv-users] Would this video card work for HD content?

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 01:48:05 UTC 2008

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 8:32 PM, Brian Wallen <bwallen at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm looking to upgrade my frontend/backend machine to handle HD. Would
> this card work well enough? Would its HDMI port also output audio?
> What is the preferred method of outputting HD content in Myth?
>
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814261002

Woah!  Slow down.  There is no purpose to buy such a high end video card.  A
myth box does not do any 3d rendering (what this is designed for)  its all
2d video.  So a 6200 will do everything you need.  Plus you can get them
fanless so you dont have to listen to that massive fan wirring.

Like this one:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121019

Then get a  DVI to HDMI converter @ monoprice:
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=104&cp_id=10419&cs_id=1041902&p_id=2029&seq=1&format=2

With shipping  that should be under $45 dollars.  Much better than $120!

Mitchell