[mythtv-users] livetv vs recordings tuner use

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Apr 1 01:25:07 UTC 2008

On 03/31/2008 04:35 PM, John Finlay wrote:
> I started a livetv session by mishandling the remote when the tv was off
> and so it was recording for a few hours. Meanwhile I had set up mythtv
> to record a program during that time period. I noticed that the
> recording didn't happen because the tuner was in use with the livetv. I
> have two identical tuners and at the time the other wasn't being used. I
> would have expected mythtv by default to notice that the other tuner
> wasn't being used and was capable of recording the program and then
> switched to using the other tuner. Is there a setting to allow that
> behavior?
>
> I'm using mythbuntu with 20.2.

Avoid conflicts between live TV and scheduled shows
If enabled, live TV will choose a tuner card that is less likely to have
scheduled recordings rather than the best card available.

Allow live TV to move scheduled shows
If enabled, scheduled recordings will be moved to other cards (where
possible), so that live TV will not be interrupted.

Mike