[mythtv-users] Video studder XvMC w/OSD

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Apr 1 00:44:41 UTC 2008

On 03/31/2008 02:31 PM, Florin Andrei wrote:
> glenhawk at optusnet.com.au wrote:
>
>> PS: Are you running MythTV 0.21? I was running a 2.67GHz Frontend that was working "just" fine under 0.20 with the exception of a minor stutter on some HD video. I upgraded both the CPU (to 3GHz) and MythTV to 0.21 and had no end of trouble getting reliable video.
>>

> Seems like there are lots of performance problems with HD on 0.21
> Hmmm... Maybe I should postpone building that dedicated Myth system
> until this issue gets solved.

Sure, just like there are lots of problems with preview images in
MythWeb on 0.21, and lots of problems with incorrect video scaling on
0.21, and lots of problems with Myth's finding recordings on 0.21, and
lots of problems with starting Myth on 0.21, and lots of problems with
tuning channels on 0.21, and lots of problems with getting audio on
0.21, and lots of problems with playback on 0.21.***

***When users misconfigure PHP timezone, DisplaySize, Storage Groups,
HOME environment variable, video sources/input connections/channels,
sound card, playback profile groups, respectively.  In other words,
people who haven't yet configured MythTV 0.21 properly have performance
problems with HD on 0.21.  Specifically, you need to configure the
playback profiles appropriately.  See
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Playback_profiles .

Mike