No subject

Thu Sep 20 15:16:44 UTC 2007

DirectTV decoder card and will be able to dump the data directly to the
PC.  This will be suppored under windows only afaik.  I also spoke with
the guys that have that component video capture card, and they said that
they basically have no desire for a linux port of the drivers for their
card.  So it seems to me that windows media center will be able to get
HD DirecTV sooner than linux.

My windows media center knowledge comes from a friend that runs it, and
I'm hearing about all sorts of great plugins, such as one tha does a
great job of streaming content to your cell (ala slingbox).  Although
it's been done on mythtv, it's a huge kludge and if you look at the
wiki, people have to tweak all sorts of things to get it to work.

As far as contributing, I just added some content to the Wiki, and I've
sumbited patches for bugs way long ago.  I just don't have the time to
do much these days.

I'm trying to help by finding a developer to write FPGA code to encrypt
HD video on the fly to mpeg2/mpeg4 so we can build our own HD video
capture system... but it seems a bit obsurd that I have to go to such
extremes to do what tivo does now...

Reza