[mythtv-users] Asterisk and Myth on the same box

Nick Cappelletti nick at switchtower.org
Sun Sep 30 18:52:23 UTC 2007

Hello,

I've had a Myth box running for some time now, and it runs great.  I
have spent plenty of time putting it together and documenting the
entire process just incase I "fix it 'till it's broke" as my wife
would put it. :)

Anyway, I have been wanting to put together an Asterisk box for some
time and managed to create some directions on putting together one on
Debian with FreePBX.  It works great in a virtual environment on my
Mac, but I don't have any extra hardware to have a dedicated Asterisk
box.  This is where my Myth box comes into play.  I built a virtual
machine, installed Debian and then Myth.  I then proceeded to use my
directions for Asterisk and the integration went pretty smooth, so I
decided to install Asterisk on my production Myth box.  Well,
everything is OK, except when I restart.  I have no audio until I run
alsaconf again and reconfigure my sound card.

I didn't see any errors on /var/log/messages.  Any help anyone can
give me would be fantastic!  If anyone is interested on how I built
either system here are the links:
http://www.switchtower.org/index.php/Debian_Mythtv
http://www.switchtower.org/index.php/Asterisk_Debian

Nick Cappelletti