[mythtv-users] need help with my irblaster.info irblaster w. lirc/MythTV

Joe Auty joe at netmusician.org
Sun Sep 30 18:16:26 UTC 2007

Hello,

I purchased the IR Blaster from irblaster.info to use with my satellite
box. I have my lirc config setup to accept commands from my hauppauge
remote, but I'm not having any love sending signals to my satellite box
(which is indeed IR based).

I'm thinking that my problem is fairly low level, as using any channel
changing script I'm getting:

$ ./change-channel-lirc.pl 300
irsend: command failed: SEND_ONCE dish 3
irsend: hardware does not support sending
irsend: command failed: SEND_ONCE dish 0
irsend: hardware does not support sending
irsend: command failed: SEND_ONCE dish 0
irsend: hardware does not support sending
irsend: command failed: SEND_ONCE dish ENTER
irsend: hardware does not support sending

(where "dish" is the name of my remote declaration in my lircd.conf)

What modules need to be active in Ubuntu fiesty to work with the
aforementioned serial IR transmitter?

If anybody can help me with getting my IR blaster working, I'd be
ecstatic! :)

--
Joe Auty
NetMusician: web publishing software for musicians
joe at netmusician.org