[mythtv-users] getting MythTV to listen in on mic in

Joe Auty joe at netmusician.org
Sun Sep 30 18:12:57 UTC 2007

Hello,

Is it possible to have MythTV capture video on my Hauppauge s-video port
while audio is being captured on my motherboard's audio/mic in port? I'm
much happier with the video quality I'm getting over s-video compared to
my tuner/coax cable, but I can't figure out how to get sound this way.
Can somebody kindly point me in the right direction here? I'm using
Ubuntu Fiesty.

Alternatively, is it possible to use the RCA outputs on my sat box and
capture audio + video via the composite port on my Hauppauge card? I
would think so, although it's damn near impossible finding an RCA 3 male
to 1 male cable. If you have any suggestions as to how I could find such
a cable, if this would be easier than the s-video route, please let me
know :)

Thanks in advance guys, looking forward to using MythTV on a day-to-day
basis!

--
Joe Auty
NetMusician: web publishing software for musicians
joe at netmusician.org