[mythtv-users] Dropped frames

Bill Omer bill.omer at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 00:36:22 UTC 2007

I rolled back to .20.2 (was running .21 from svn) because of some
stability issues (slow response, really high load, frontend crashing
etc..).  Now I'm facing a problem that I've seen before:  dropped
frames.

During a show, it will drop several frames in the recording.  It's
almost like a ringbuffer is full or something.  Sometimes there's some
digital distortion in the video before it skips, sometimes a couple of
minutes of the show.

Has anyone else seen this?  Are there any known work arounds for this
kind of problem?  This didn't happen with .21, which was the main
reason why I've been running the svn version.

--
Regards,
Bill Omer