[mythtv-users] Ettiquette for this list when responding to messages

Meatwad meatwad.get.the.honeys at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 19:40:00 UTC 2007

Bearcat M. Sandor wrote:
> When i respond to a message on this list, i do so only back to the list, not
> the list and the original poster.  I figure why do they need 2 copies of the
> same e-mail.
>
> Am i supposed to reply to both? Most people here seem to do that.

I'm afraid I may have inspired Bearcat to author the above. After I was
busy lecturing him for switching up top and bottom-posting
midthread, I hit Send without checking the To: headers and only he got
the following response:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/293014#293014

My bad. I will go dust off the old ClueBat and self-apply accordingly.

FWIW, I use Thunderbird to retrieve and send mail through gmail (which
supports SSL btw) and I also see the occasional mishandling of headers
when I reply. Mostly, ATRPMS and myth-users replies behave properly
using this setup but I will Do Better In The Future when checking
headers before sending.

--
mw