[mythtv-users] fetch album art in myhmusic

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Sat Sep 29 14:47:12 UTC 2007

Anthony Giggins wrote:
>> Have you tried searching the archives? It's amazing what you can find!! :-)
>>
>> Try searching for 'download album art' here :-
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/
>>
>> Incidentally I did want to integrate one of the scripts when I added the
>> album art editor but was talked out of it due to the possible copyright
>> issues with using the images from Amazon which most of the scripts use.
>>

> Cant be any worse then imdb.pl could it?

I believe MythVideo had an option to grab cover art from Amazon which
was later removed so I can only assume the T&C's for using imdb are more
favorable than Amazon.

I do know that Amazon are getting tough on exactly who can access their
feeds - at one point you could use any developer id to access there
feeds now if it's not one of the registered id's you are blocked from
accessing anything. I think this could be one of the reasons why many of
the free utils that where around are slowly disappearing but that's only
conjecture on my part.

If it can be proved to me that we can safely use their service or if
another source can be found I would gladly add something to the albumart
editor :-)

Paul H.