[mythtv-users] Amarok and mythmusic

Pamela Jaye Ashworth pashworth at mindspring.com
Sat Sep 29 02:24:35 UTC 2007

On 28 Sep 2007 at 12:46, Yan Seiner wrote:

> I've been playing with amarok <http://amarok.kde.org/>.  It's by far
> the slickest music player so far.
>
> So....  I'll offer some beer-and-pizza for anyone who will make an
> amarok plugin for myth.

I've tried the one on my machine and it just tells me it won't play
mp3s. mythmusic would be less unwieldy if I were using a real
keyboard, screen, and mouse -
but what I really need is MythAlarm :-)  I'm still using ClockTalk
and musicmatch on my emachine to wake me up and one of these days,
that machine is going to die.....

the only other player on my mythmachine that works is RealPlayer, and
I can't seem to find an alarm program to start it. (or whatever
amarok needs to play mp3s and *then* whether it will start at a
certain time. ) I'm a bit picky in my "wake to music" tastes - when I
was a teenager  I had one of those clocks with a socket in the back
and I plugged in my stereo and put the needle on an LP.
--
Pam (from Boston, no matter where I live now)
"We're adults. When did that happen? And how do we make it