[mythtv-users] refreshing today's schedule info automatically

Michael Heironimus mkh01 at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 29 00:55:10 UTC 2007

On Fri, Sep 28, 2007 at 03:12:56PM -0400, Matt wrote:
> Really, I'm in agreement that if it won't do me any good, then I'm
> fine running it the way I always have - default, out of the box
> settings.  Does anyone out there have any evidence that
> "--refresh-today" actually provides new data that "tomorrow" didn't
> already provide?

I've seen it happen, but not often enough to believe that it's
worthwhile for people to use it as a default. I try it when I see too
many generic descriptions for today that will all get recorded,
sometimes it helps and sometimes it doesn't. I think in some (most?)
cases it probably had to do with what time the previous day's update
ran, but a couple times I've gotten new data for ordinary shows between
early morning and late evening.

--
Michael Heironimus