[mythtv-users] "get the sources and fix it yourself"

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Fri Sep 28 21:33:53 UTC 2007

Bearcat M. Sandor wrote:
>> So we're clear: top posting is always bad, everywhere, on mailing lists
> and Usenet, and there are good, sound, practical reasons why this is so
> -- it is not merely a religious argument, as proponents of top posting
> will attempt to convince you.
>> Every argument that I've ever seen made for top posting is actually best
> countered with "get a real mailer"; they all amount to "I'm too lazy to
> do it right, and everyone else should pay for my laziness."
>> No offense to you, of course.  ;-)
>>
>> Cheers,
>> -- jra
> Thanks, that's good to know. I've always done top posting as i figured no
> one wants to do all that scrolling to the bottom just to read one
> sentence.  Never been wrist slapped till today, and bottom
> feeding...er...posting will become my new habit.
>
> By the way, i *do* take offense. People should pay for my laziness. So far
> i've been charging a resonable rate of $60 an hour for me to be lazy. If
> people don't pay for my laziness how am i supposed earn a living?!
>
> *runs and dodges*
>
> (Ha! I just noticed your sig.)

So, you *admit* that you have been engaging in this hateful and spiteful
conduct *maliciously* and *with the intent to harm* my client, just
because of your *laziness* and bottomless *greed*?

I will have to make you *PAY* for your effrontery in engaging in the
private practice of charging for your laziness. Don't you realize that
that is what the welfare state is *FOR*.

(Quick, jra, you *are* going to retain me to sue this blackguard from
here to Sunday and back, aren't you?)

Geoff

--
              R. Geoffrey Newbury