[mythtv-users] Ettiquette for this list when responding to messages

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Fri Sep 28 20:19:05 UTC 2007

On Sep 28, 2007, at 12:45 PM, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> People should get Real Mailers, which have a Reply To List command.
> (Or at least Reply To Recipient, which is almost always equivalent.)
>
> Embarassingly enough, *Thunderbird* is not.  :-}

Neither is OS X Mail.  If the list does munging, I can right-click on
the 'From' address and choose 'Reply to Sender,' so I have both
options. But if the list doesn't do munging there's no way to reply
just to the list, except by hitting Reply All and then editing the
addresses.    This seems backwards.
(The exception is if the list happens to insert a Resent-From
header.  Then I can right-click on that.)

I'd wager there are far more mailers out there that get this wrong
than get it right.  This probably because most mailing lists *do*
munge, so mailers are being written with that situation in mind.