[mythtv-users] refreshing today's schedule info automatically

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Fri Sep 28 19:31:11 UTC 2007

On 9/28/07, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

> On 09/27/2007 03:14 PM, Matt wrote:
> > It's my understanding that mythfilldatabase will always go out and get
> > the 14'th day as well us updating tomorrow.  I know that I can
> > manually run "mythfilldatabase --refresh-today".  However, will that
> > only update today's data or will it update todays data in addition to
> > the normal behavior.
> >
> > In other words, I'd like mythfilldatabase to always run as it does
> > today, only to also include refreshing today's data.  I want to make
> > sure I'm doing this the correct way.
>
> Why?  Please let us know when you have proof that there are actually
> changes to today's schedule since yesterday.

I had an occurance last year as I recall where Z2L updated in the afternoon
for an evening presidential address, pushing back all the primetime shows.
My cron of --refresh-today at 6pm caught this and I did not miss any
recordings.  This press conference as I recall was not announced the day
before.  Now, for the most recent press conference, Z2L did not seem to do
this but that's not to say they will not in the future.

Kevin