[mythtv-users] refreshing today's schedule info automatically

Ryan Steffes rbsteffes at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 19:23:30 UTC 2007

> Really, I'm in agreement that if it won't do me any good, then I'm
> fine running it the way I always have - default, out of the box
> settings.  Does anyone out there have any evidence that
> "--refresh-today" actually provides new data that "tomorrow" didn't
> already provide?

My example is the only concrete example I'm aware of, assuming
schedules direct will get their data refreshed with roughly the same
timing as zap2it.  I have had basketball games go from "Second Round:
Teams TBA" to correct teams after manually refreshing today.

And again, if you don't run it every day, or every other day,
refreshing today would have value.

Ryan